We serve business and government to improve the lives of Tennesseans.
We envision Tennessee as a global leader with thriving business and industry, efficient and effective government and vibrant communities.
At the Institute for Public Service, we value people, diversity, relationships, integrity and excellence.
People: Our greatest asset and the focus of our services.
- Expecting open and honest feedback within a safe and respectful environment.
- Supporting every individual’s ability to take ownership and make creative decisions with the freedom to fail.
- Supporting professional development.
- Encouraging personal growth and a healthy life balance.
Diversity: Enriches and strengthens us, and the people and organizations we serve.
- Pledging ourselves to maintain an environment that respects and reflects a diversity of cultures, experiences and ideas.
- Valuing inclusion in organizations, programs and work.
- Acknowledging and honoring the fundamental value and dignity of individuals.
Relationships: The foundation for superior service and positive influence.
- Knowing partnerships are critical to our success.
- Actively listening and speaking, seeking to understand.
- Working from a perspective of knowing and supporting others as individuals.
- Celebrating our successes and the successes of others.
Integrity: Protects, empowers and unites us.
- Being transparent, honest and fair.
- Doing what is right.
- Upholding promises, commitments and confidences.
- Accepting responsibility for our words and actions.
Excellence: Always striving for what ought to be.
- Striving to provide high-quality, timely, accurate information with creative and proven solutions.
- Taking measured risks to support unique solutions to problems.
- Focusing on continuously improving our services and performance – always seeking to positively improve our reputation.
- Paying attention to details while maintaining a complete perspective.
- Meeting current issues and future trends to inspire innovation.